These apple flapjacks make the perfect on-the-go treat or as a sweet lunch box snack
- 110g coconut oil
- 75g caster sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup (plus a little more for eating as you make these!)
- 250g oats
- 3tbsp flaxseed (if you don’t have this, then substitute for an extra 5g of oil)
- 2 baking apples, washed and grated
- In a medium sized pan, melt your oil, golden syrup and sugar on a medium heat. At this point, set your oven to 160°c.
- Once the mixture has melted, remove from the heat and add the oats, flaxseed and apples. Stir in well, making sure that the apple doesn’t form clumps instead of spreading evenly.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking paper and press the mixture firmly into the tray using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden, but still slightly soft as they will firm up as they cool.
- Slice (whilst still slightly warm) into 9 flapjacks.
And there you have it! Delicious, vegan flapjacks in a flash!