This yummy, simple burgers may not taste or look like a meat burger, but I'm sure they taste just as good and have been approved by vegans and meat-eaters.
So let’s get started!
Makes 6 (serves 3)
- 500g sweet potato (peeled weight), cut into chunks and boiled until soft, about 15 mins
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or tamarind
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 50g plain flour
- Oil, for frying
- Mash together all the ingredients (bar the oil) in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into approximately 6 burgers, placing then on baking paper as you go.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium-high heat. Place burgers in the pan.
- Fry for about 5 mins on each side, until they are brown and crispy on the outside.
That’s it! I like these in a lightly toasted bun , with vegan mayo, tomatoes and rocket leaves.